Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How I became a Leopard

This is my first entry so I thought I should start by explaining the Leopard reference. About 10 years ago when I met my husband we developed an inside joke about this look I'd give him (a silly smile while sticking my tongue out). Sometimes I'd do a little dance when he'd make me laugh. So he started referring to me as Leopard. It stuck. It's become his pet name for me and it's taken on new meaning as I've developed a serious business persona and become a triathlete, while at home I'm still a Leopard, doing dances when I'm happy or feeling silly. :)

So how did I become a Speed Leopard? I'll post my story seperately so you can get all the details but in a nutshell I used to weigh 358.4lbs. I was 25 and I wore a size 34W. I could barely walk up the stairs. I started Weight Watchers and have lost 155.4lbs in the last 3 years :) I've discovered exercise and become a triathlete. My life has changed dramatically but I'm still Leopard only always trying to be speedy, hence the Speed Leopard. As I progress in my weight loss journey and work towards my goal of doing the Ironman Triathlon I am literally making myself more speedy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to be bon. miss ya. i'll see if i can find a back-mounted spoiler for you for your birthday. :) Jeremy

January 12, 2006 11:43 AM

 
Blogger PuddyRat said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Not sure you'll have any more time to rad and blog than I do! But I will add you to my list of favorites and read when I can.

BTW, did you see my note to you several days ago about accommodations in IMCdA? Did you have any? Would you be interested in sharing (I don't snore)?

January 12, 2006 8:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your story in The Oregonian today and felt compelled to write and tell you how much I admire you for this wonderful accomplishment, not just of weight loss, but of really transforming your life. As someone who also lost an enormous amount of weight, and found freedom, I applaud you, and want to tell you, I did it 20 years ago and it's still off!! Way to go....

May 10, 2006 11:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also read about your journey in the Oregonian. You are truly an inspiration to all of us who battle with weight on a daily basis. Kudos to you for not taking the "easy" way out with gastric by pass.
You go!!

May 12, 2006 2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home