Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 29, 2006

One Step Closer to Speed

Miles and miles into the rain, up hills, down hills but almost always into the wind. During my 1/2 IM the wind sucked my will to live. I've been riding a Trek 1000 which wasn't really able to handle clip on aerobars so after 3 seasons of racing I took the plunge and bought a sweet aero ride which will hopefully speed me that much closer to the Ironman :)

My new bike is a Trek Equinox 7. It's sleek, aero and I'm upgrading the components to all Ultegra. I've been riding a triple for a while and I decided that rather than make the transition to a double so soon after knee surgery that I'd put a triple on my new bike and in the process upgrade from the 105 to the Ultegra. I was a little torn about getting the 7 because the 9 is red and red is my favorite color but I think I'm gonna have my 7 custom painted red and emblazoned with www.speedleopard.com

The craziest thing for me is that my balance is questionable to begin with so going to an aero set-up is going to be an adventure as I've never ridden on aerobars or shifted using the barend shifters so I'm planning on putting my new bike on the trainer for a month or two to start getting used to the angle and the shifting.

I'm super excited about my new ride because the bike is the area I'm the strongest and I've been doing it without the latest and greatest advantage of the aero position. Look out, this leopard is ready for some speed :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home