Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Victory tastes like Golden Spoon

After running more than 2 hours behind schedule I finally made it up to the boardroom for the big presentation. I thought it'd last 15-20m instead it took 45. How is this a good thing? The management team was really interested in the product I was pitching and there was all kinds of discussion about strategies etc. It was great! Our president was there as well which was a suprise for me as I've never presented in front of him for more than about 5min. I got unanimous approval for my project and then I literally made a run for it as my plane left in 90min and I was still 40min from the airport, eeeeekkkkk! I made the plane and tried to fully reflect on how well the pitch had gone.

I was hoping it'd be a 5 as I just started working on the project a little over a week ago and was unsure about how well I would be able to pitch it. From my perspective it was a 10. I couldn't be happier (although now I have a lot to do).

My reward for all of this was a relaxing evening with my sister, her husband and a friend of theirs laughing, talking and enjoying the deliciousness that is Golden Spoon.

What is Golden Spoon? It's fat-free frozen yogurt made with splenda that has 17 calories per ounce and comes in flavors like Heath Bar, Peanut Butter Cup and Coconut. Yummy!!!!! I got a small and was in heaven.

I'm off to the 'bucks for a latte and to send the good news to my project team before heading to the Sales Meeting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!! sounds like your pitch was a big hit! Love you, Mom

January 19, 2006 11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home