Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The West Wing cast rocks!


7 years ago when I heard there was going to be a show about life in the West Wing I was thrilled. I have my degree in Political Science. I worked in Washington, DC as an intern and I love TV dramas. I have watched every episode of the West Wing since and it has been and still is one of my all time favorite shows. So it seemed fitting that it would be that show that would be filming in the hotel I happen to be staying in while in LA for a meeting.

Several of my co-workers are also huge fans. We watched the crew set up in multiple locations throughout the day Friday. We got a glimpse of Jimmy Smits who's currently running for President as Congressman Matt Santos but most of those scenes were behind closed doors. We got to watch the cast doing rehearsal which was really interesting (it takes a lot of people to make a show happen).

Back in 2000 I had met Bradley Whitford at a campaign event for Al Gore. We chatted and he signed a cast photo I had. It is hanging in my office. So when I had the chance to chat with him again I seized the opportunity and we talked for a few minutes. I didn't bother him with another autograph or picture.

Later that evening we happened to see them shooting again and Brad was hanging with Janel Moloney who plays Donna Moss on the show. My friend Steve and I talked to them for a minute and then asked if we could take a picture. They said sure no problem and we were just talking about Portland and about the show when Janeane Garafalo showed up and she started talking with us and Brad and Janel. So we got a picture with her as well since I'm a fan of hers and Preston and I love her show with Sam on AirAmerica Radio.

The pictures as you can see are totally awesome!!!! We had a blast and everyone was really friendly. At 1am when I finally went to sleep they were still shooting. Busy, busy, busy. So today when I get the news that West Wing is being cancelled I'm saddened and dismayed because I love the show and I love the actors who've really set the bar high for TV Drama over the years. I think it's actually heightened the level of discourse in America around the political process even though many don't agree with the show or its views.

I'll be watching through the final episode this May hoping that Hollywood continues to put out shows that have great ensemble casts like this one.

You go POTUS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home