Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 10, 2006

Decompressing

It's amazing how you quickly you can go from being so busy you're making lists about lists and scheduling time with friends to talk on the phone in between meetings and project deadlines to sleeping in and soaking up the sun.

Vacation. Something everyone should take more advantage of :) We operate in such a go-go-go environment that even the weekends aren't truly a time for decompression or relaxation. I'm the type of person who usually takes a day here or there, a long weekend but rarely a truly long vacation. So I finally decided it was time to take the plunge.

2 weeks in Hawaii. Completely free, hey you can't get better than that right? After flying 65,000 miles last year on business and personal trips I had enough miles to cash in 2 RT tickets to Hawaii and enough hotel points to book a week at the Hilton Waikoloa Resort for a week. Since my parents live in Kona we'd spend a week with them then head to the hotel.

Traveling for pleasure and traveling for business are so starkly different it became comical. I breeze in and out of airports all around the country and am always taking or making calls in between flights or editing a presentation or trying to catch an extra hour of sleep that I actually found myself totally bored halfway into our flight to Kona.

Silliness is something I have in spades and since Preston was reading and I wasn't interested in the movie and had read all my magazines already I had to keep myself occupied so I started fishing :) Let me first say that it is a TRAVESTY that you can be on a plane for 6 hours and not be served a meal for free. Give me a break. We got 1 beverage service and they whizzed past with snack boxes but gave no announcement on price, contents or that this would be the only option available. So I finally was so hungry I got a snack box which contained among other things some cheese spread and a bag of goldfish.

I dumped all the goldfish out and started fishing using my plastic knife as a fishing pole and my cheese as bait. Hehe. Preston actually took a video of it with our camera which I will post later but here's a picture of the goldfish before it meets its untimely end :)

We've had lots of fun so far and are about to head out snorkeling. Here's a few pictures of the view from my parents deck and Preston goofing around:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ironayla said...

Have a great vacation! The photos look great. I will have go there some day as I have never been to Hawaii!

Glad you were able to find some entertainment on the plane :)

February 11, 2006 9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home