Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Kilometers and Coffee

We are pretty antiquated in the US. Still using miles, inches etc to calculate distance. I can't think of a single other place that doesn't measure in kilometers, so it always throws me for a loop when I travel outside of the country and use the exercise equipment at the gym.

Hmmm so if a 10k = 6.2m and I'm supposed to do a ratio run between 4 and 5mph how fast is that in kilometers :) Keeps my mind occupied trying to the calculations while running and today as I was doing my Sunday morning ratio workout it occured to me that while the measurement system changes very little else does.

As I looked out the window at this amazing metropolis of 17 million people, I could watch CNN on the news, read the US News and World report magazine and then head to the Starbucks just across the street.

So I'm off to see how my Tall, Nonfat, 1 pump Cinnamon Dolce, 3 Splenda, Sprinkles on the Foam, Latte translates in Mandarin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home