Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Coach, New Direction

Spring, one of my favorite times of year. Things start to bloom and grow, the days get longer and there's more daylight. I actually noticed it was almost spring when I left my office this evening around 6:30pm and it was only just getting dark. Weird I thought although it could be due to the fact this was the earliest I've left in weeks (when there wasn't a dr appt or something).

Spring is the also the time I start plotting my training for the upcoming racing season. As I posted back in February I went into the sports lab and get thoroughly tested by David Renne of Advantage You Sports Consulting. After getting my results and discussing I decided to work with David this season. This is great for me because I'd always sort of known I wanted a coach just about a year out from Ironman. We charted my race calendar with everything centered around Musselman in Geneva, NY on July 16. My 2nd go at the 1/2 Ironman distance but this time I hoped to be much more fit and speedy.

After almost a week of training following my plan from David I think that is achievable. I've completed every workout thus far and given my best effort so maybe having someone help me plan and spell out exactly what to do is the key to helping me blossom as an athlete.

Now bring on the Daylight Savings :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home