Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where oh where is the broccoli?

It didn't even occur to me when I went out to get dinner last night until I sat down and had a fork and knife in front of me that I haven't used one since I arrived in Shanghai. Thanks to all the sushi Preston and I have been eating I've gotten great at chopsticks so I've been able to use them for every meal.

Since I was on my own for dinner and DESPERATE for anything resembling a vegetable (and not an animal) I went to Tony Roma's because I know they have broccoli with their meals. So after completing my 2nd workout of the day (it's Tuesday so that means swim drills and ratio run) I walked over with my book for a delicious broccoli feast.

Denied. Apparently even though they show pictures of broccoli on the plate on the menu, they don't actually have broccoli. Why do they show it in the picture then I wanted to know? "It looks very beautiful" Classic! All I wanted was some dang broccoli. I got a BBQ chicken salad and part of a baked potato along with a Coke Light since the iced tea could be questionable due to the whole tap water situation.

It was delicious and very relaxing to read my book and eat my salad but I wish I could have had some freakin broccoli.

1 Comments:

Blogger PuddyRat said...

Ew! I hate broccli. Come to think of it. I don't like many vegetables at all. Oh, well.

Glad you are coming home soon! Great job keeping up on the workouts while you've been gone. It's that perseverence that has gotten you to onederland!

March 25, 2006 8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home