Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flying like a Fool

I took my new bike off the trainer today and rode it on the road for the first time. It was AWESOME!!!! I felt like I was flying. On the flat road I was going 3-4 miles faster per hour than I did on my old bike and even into the wind I was maintaining 14MPH with relative ease.

I actually had to ask Preston several times to ride next to me and tell me what his speedometer said because I thought mine was playing an April Fool's joke on me. But it was giving me the straight scoop and I was indeed a Speed Leopard on my new ride :)

In spite of a little rain and a lot of wind, we did 20 miles and I never felt like I was pushing it. I felt good in the aerobars til the last 15 minutes or so when I had to stretch my back but otherwise I was on my new bike, wearing my new regular sized bib shorts (a huge accomplishment since I started out in a 4X cycling short 3 years ago) and enjoying the sunshine when it wasn't raining with my husband. Hooray!!! I even got comfortable getting my water bottle from my cage and being in aero with only one hand.

I now have to get back to work as I've been heads down since I returned from China preparing for a major tradeshow in Vegas on Tuesday.

Viva Las Vegas, until then I'm flying high :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home