Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mussel, Musselman, I want to be a Musselman...

WOO HOO!!!! After months of planning and training it's almost time to race :)

Every year the awesome ladies from the Weight Watchers Triathlon group get together for a group race. One year we did the Chicago Triathlon (my first Oly), another they did a Danskin (I was on crutches and didn't get to go). This year we chose Musselman because it had a 1/2 Ironman and a Sprint distance so those that wanted to go long could. We also chose it because it's in a beautiful part of the country and is heralded as an excellent race with lots of cool amenities and great organization.

So our t-shirts have been ordered, the bib #s are up and I am raring to go. As I get packed and do my final tapering workouts I have been kicking around my goals for the race and decided I'd post them here so I have them written down :)

#1 - Finish the race
That's my goal for every race but ultimately and after the meltdown at my last 1/2 I'd like to be healthy and feel decent afterwards

#2 - Run the 1/2 marathon in under 3 hours
Running has typically been my weakest link between the knee, being a heavier athlete and the fact that I'm just kind of slow however thanks to the EXCELLENT training from Coach David this season my running has taken a giant leap forward. My long run was at a 12.30 pace which would put me around a 2:45 1/2 marathon so I should be able to meet this goal if I manage my bike well.

#3 - Finish faster than 7:30
I did my first 1/2 Ironman in 8:16 and felt like I'd been hit by an asteroid at the end. My goal is to finish in under 7:30 and feel good. I think this is achievable given my times in training. A lot will depend on race day conditions and nutrition but I definitely think I can do 7:30 :)

My Super Secret Goal will remain just that. Super and Secret but I do have one and if everything comes together and I have great conditions and am feeling fresh off the bike I will be going for it!!!

Otherwise my bike is on it's way and we will be too in just a few days!

I'm so ready to be 1/2 Iron again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home