Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, November 25, 2006

This weekend I'm a Snow Leopard

I know, I know. Where's the Speed Leopard been? I've been taking the fall off having fun with family and friends and exercising for the sheer joy of it. This could explain why I'm here in Seattle about to run 13.1 miles in the snow :)

I've been having fun running the last couple of months and the Seattle 1/2 Marathon holds special appeal to me as it was the first 1/2 Marathon I ever did back in November 2003. I was about 60lbs heavier and finished in 3:34.25. Looking back on that now I'm actually thoroughly impressed by that time.

I'm coming off a very long taper as I've been sick with laryngitis all week and have only today been able to start talking again. My major goal is to go under 3 hours but I'd really like to be in the 2:45-2:50 neighborhood.

I'll post a full race report tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm rested, happy, healthy, totally enjoying my new job (which isn't all that new anymore) and enjoying an active off season filled with lots of running and a bit of swimming and biking.

Stay tuned for more Speed Leopard adventures as it's not to long before my training for 2007 will begin :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

WOW!

I just found your blog through a link in Google Groups. Amazing what you have done! I did the Danskin a few years ago at 240 lbs. It was the best feeling ever. I recently had WLS and hope to return to that very event for my comeback.

Inspiring story. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I surfed in!

Donna

November 26, 2006 4:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to be the first......Thanks again for being such a great running partner today! You brought out the best in me and I really enjoyed it! Hope the snow wasn't too bad on the drive home!
Shane

November 26, 2006 4:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.... so, I hear you ran the 1/2 marathon with my hubby Shane!! Can you believe that after meeting at Cannon Beach....we would run into ya here in Seattle? :) I'm glad to be able to get in touch with ya.... You look great in the pics that Shane showed me...(sorry I missed ya....I was still walkin). Stay in touch!

Shell Marr

November 26, 2006 6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home