Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Busy Leopard

Now that I'm in the Base phase of my training my weekday and weekend workouts are ramping up. I don't really notice a bike ride on the weekend going from 3 to 4 hours or a run ramping up from 1.5 to 2 hours but when my weekday workouts start going from 60 minutes in a day to 180 minutes in a day, life can get a bit hectic :) I thought it'd be interesting to capture a typical day.

6am - Wake up, check work email, grab various bags packed the night before, eat banana and drive to the pool.

6:30am - Begin swim workout (2oo Warm Up, 2500 continuous, 200 Cool Down)

7:45am - Shower, drink bottle of GU20, eat a banana and drive like crazy to train

9am - Arrive at work

Between 9am and 6:30pm - Lots of meetings, phone calls, emails, running around and snacking on food from lunch bag. Only 8 Hershey's Kisses today :)

6:45pm - 4 mile run on Willamette River

7:45pm - Answer work emails, head to train for ride home

8:30pm - Grab chicken, rice and veggies for dinner

9:00pm - Hang out with husband, watch TV, pack bags for tomorrow

10:30pm - Stretch and get ready for bed

11pm - Sleep

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's my favorite run buddy?
That is a killer schedule! I FINALLY learned to swim, now if I could just bang out more than a couple of laps without sinking :)

My training routine lately has SUCKED (life events and all), but I'm back on top of it. Will I see you for Seattle Marathon 07?
Shane

March 17, 2007 11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home