Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 30, 2007

Ironman Camp Wrap-up


There's so much to say to wrap up this awesome weekend but let me start with this:

THANK YOU MULTISPORTS TEAM!!!!!!!

Everyone working with you was wonderful, encouraging, friendly and so down to earth it was great to spend a weekend with you all.

Triathletes are so awesome and camp was a reflection of that. Of the 46 people at camp we had doctors, lawyers, moms, business people, older, younger, experienced and newbies and it was so fun to get to spend 3 days interacting with everyone.

To the ladies in my bike and running group - Thank you for being so fun and full of energy and enthusiasm. I loved getting to know you all and sharing our nervousness/excitement about what's to come. Becoming an Ironman with all of you is going to be awesome and I just know we'll all do great come race day.

Issac from Vertical Earth - You rock! I had a blast riding with you :) Thanks for all the tips on descending.

Steve Katai - Looking forward to reading your book. Thanks for continuing to spread the word about the sport. That's awesome.

Roch/Paul - You guys are amazing! I came into camp anxious about my training and how I was doing and you were both so wonderful and encouraging. I feel so much more at ease going into this next month. Thank you!

Driving home last night I was filled with a sense of appreciation and wonder as I crossed the Columbia River Gorge with the sun glistening off the water and a snowy Mt Hood in the back ground. It's amazing that I get to do the Ironman. I'm so lucky and blessed to be able to get out there and soak up all of these experiences and see beautiful places and meet truly awesome people.

One of my favorite songs from the Disney movie Brother Bear says it best:

"Tell everybody I'm on my way, new friends and new places to see. With blue skies ahead yes I'm on my way and there's nowhere else that I'd rather be. Tell everybody I'm on my way and I'm loving every step I take. With the sun beating down yes I'm on my way and I can't keep this smile off my face."

I can't wait for June 24!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie, thank you so much for such a detailed set of posts. I'm going to have to buy the book :)

I'm going to be in Spokane this weekend to run Bloomsday

I got a little crazy and signed up for the Seafair Tri. I just feel like I can do the swim so Im all set to go.
Shane

April 30, 2007 6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie-
Thanks for the posts on camp. Glyn and I(Margaret) were the ones next door to you in the hotel. Love the photo of you with Lovato! Do you have a link to other photos from the weekend? Would love to see them...they also updated the multisports.com site, too.
Best of luck with training and see you in June!
Margaret

May 02, 2007 8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home