Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

According to my training plan....

I am becoming an endurance beast :)

With Ironman CDA just 5 weeks from today I have finished one of my hardest 2 weeks of training and what a week.

I was in Denver Monday through Wednesday on business which meant lots of stationary biking and treadmill time. I ended up doing bricks all 3 days and then once I landed back in Portland Wednesday afternoon I headed up to the lake for an open water swim.

Thursday - I did my longest run ever - 15.8 miles!!!!! I did 3/1 intervals and my nutrition was spot on.

Friday - I did an easy swim to stretch out my muscles then took the rest of the day to rest.

Saturday - I biked 100.6 miles with nearly 6000 ft of climbing and then followed that with a 2.5 mile transition run. It was cool and windy and a definite mental challenge because I was on my own for a long time. It was a great opportunity to focus on pacing and nutrition. My mantra for this hilly century was "Nice circles, Nice cadence". I finished the ride in 6 hours 43 minutes for just under a 15 MPH average.

Today was a relaxing morning with my husband and best friend and then an easy 1500 yd swim since I'll be back on the road again tomorrow.

Totals for the week were:

S: 5200.00 Yd (2h 12m 46s)
B: 135.53 Mi (8h 48m 28s)
R: 22.93 Mi (4h 53m 08s)

I can hardly believe that I'm about to start the final week of hard training. WOO HOO!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so awesome Bonnie! Thanks for being an inspiration. I did the mock-tri today (wearing your tri-suit!) and I'm extremely slow but finished. Angela

May 20, 2007 9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home