Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ironman Pre-Race Thoughts

Since I'm trying to keep track of as much of the experience here as I can I thought some of you might like to see my race strategy :)

Swim:
  • Start to the back and right
  • Remember to breathe
  • Focus on long smooth strokes
  • Look for feet if possible
T1:
  • Wog to Wetsuit Peelers
  • Hold onto Cap and Goggles
  • Fill Pockets
  • Dry Feet
  • Apply more Body Glide
Bike:
  • Spin the entire 1st Loop
  • Go for the easiest gear
  • Smile as people pass you
  • Drink, Eat and Enjoy the scenery!
T2:
  • Apply Body Glide to Inner Arms and Thighs
  • Fill Pockets
  • Start Interval Timer
  • Eat a treat if you feel like it :)
Run:
  • Keep Moving Forward
  • Smile and thank the volunteers
  • Do 3/1 intervals as long as you can
  • Remember - you can do anything you put your mind to :)
So that's it. In just over 12 hours I will reach my goal:

Get in the water on the morning of June 24th. If I'm in the water, it means that I trained smart, prepared properly, and stayed injury free.

It's been an amazing journey but I did not do it alone!

As I am swimming, biking and running tomorrow I'll be thinking about, praying for and remembering all of the wonderful friends and family near and far who have encouraged me along the way.

Whatever happens tomorrow I will do my best because in the words of the Steve Prefontaine:


To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift!



2 Comments:

Blogger Agua said...

I am so freaking excited for you! Your positive attitude and dedication are an inspiration.

June 24, 2007 11:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie, it was amazing watching you complete your first IM, you are an INSPIRATION!!!

June 26, 2007 11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home