Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ironman Race Week - Thursday

Wow - what a day so far!!!!!

Couldn't sleep past 6am so I woke up and answered some emails, checked in with all my message boards and got ready for the day.

At 7am I met up with some of the guys from BeginnerTriathlete.com where I've been doing all my training. I had already met Andrew but I also got to meet Doug and Jared. They went swimming while I hung out and chatted with various people I knew. The water temp was supposedly 60 (Brrrrr.......) and I was waiting for some of the girls from camp to show up at 8:45am. The wind was really blowing so there were a lot of waves and I'm thinking ugh, that sucks but "suck it buttercup".

Got my wetsuit on and headed to the water with the girls. Once I got in it wasn't nearly as cold as I expected and my movement plus the pee in my wetsuit ;) helped me warm up pretty quickly. The waves just plain sucked. I worked on getting a rhythm so I wouldn't get huge mouthfuls of water on each breath and pretty soon I got it down but sighting was hard because of the waves and the small buoys. I swam out to the 4th buoy, cut across to the other side and swam back to shore. It actually worked out great because I was in the water for 24 minutes and did almost 1/2 the 1.2 mile loop.

Got my wetsuit off and chatted with some more people before Andrew called and wanted to hang out and do registration together. OMG! This is really happening.....

We filled out lots of forms, got weighed (official race weight 190 but the scale started at 2lbs, hey who's counting), then I sat down with a volunteer and got the bag. WOO HOO!!!!!

I got my official cool metallic bracelet, I checked my timing chip, got all my #s and bags, ordered some pictures and then headed back to the hotel for a shower.

Got a very sweet note from my best friend, rinsed my gear out and then headed down for breakfast, d'oh! It closed at 11am. So I got a salad and some bread and a chicken quesadilla. Big mistake, it was way too spicy :(

Note to self: If it *might* be spicy avoid it. Silly Leopard!

Headed down to the expo to pick up the few things I still needed (Body Glide, Reflective Tape and Chapsticks). Bought an adorable present for my nephew to be, a few bumper stickers, saw Joanne (my FAVORITE massage coordinator) and then a random stop....

Tanita was trying out the awesomely high tech scales that measure you for all kinds of things like body fat %, muscle mass, water weight, physique rating etc.

Hmmmm..... I'd been wanting to try one of these out and I'd been really curious what my body fat % was after IM training - AWESOME SURPRISE of the day!!!!!

Weight - 187.4lbs
Body Fat - 25.6%
Total Body Water - 52.3%
Muscle Mass - 132.4lbs
Physique Rating - 6
BMR - 1878
Metabolic Age - 24
Bone Mass - 7lb
Visceral Fat Rating - 3

OMG - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!????!!!!!!!

For my age Body Fat % between 21-33% is considered Healthy. Not Overfat, not Obese but Healthy!

WOO HOO!!!!!! I was so shocked. Even my Physique rating came back as Athlete (High Muscle Mass/Average Body Fat)

More later but for now I'm just chilling with my feet up and a bottle of GU20

Leopard Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home