Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ironman Race Week - Tuesday

After several emails about how epic my race report from Ironman might be I decided I should start recording my thoughts from each of the days leading up the event so I don't start forgetting things post-race.

So here goes :)

Today was my last day of work and what a fun day it was. I went out to coffee with my co-workers and we chilled out and talked for a while before heading back to the office for the 1st meeting of the day.

I answered some emails, sent my out of office email out with the details about where I was going and then got lots of emails back wishing me luck and all of that. Throughout the day people stopped by, IM'd and emailed me best wishes and luck and that made the day go so quickly.

I "listened" to GI Jane on my computer while I worked through emails and updating my calendar and stuff then I finished my master race schedule, said good-bye to my friends at the office and headed home.

Today was supposed to be a short bike and short run so I got suited up and headed out. I had been having some shifting issues so I was hoping after Sunday's visit to the bike shop they'd be fixed. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fixed. Finished my 20 minute ride (yeah, almost doesn't seem worth it to get on the bike for that) and decided I was just not happy/comfortable with the shifting issues so headed in full bike gear to the shop.

Turns out when I got my tune-up before Memorial Day my chain looked fine so they didn't replace it and now it was shot. A few adjustments and test rides and I think things are vastly better. Whew!

Put my running shoes on and headed out for a quick 15 minute run and then to pick up my husband and head home.

I'm almost done with my packing, laundry and checking things off my list so it's off to finish gathering things up and get some extra sleep before packing the car and getting a massage tomorrow morning :)

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, although I will admit I'm now obsessing about the forecast and praying for no rain. A few weeks ago I was praying for temps lower than 90 now the temps are slated to be in the low 70s and I'm like come on sun! You can't win ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home