Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ironman Race Week - Wednesday

WOO HOO!!!!! Today finally arrived after 6 months of waiting, I was leaving for Ironman.

Slept in and then packed the car before saying goodbye to my husband and heading to see Stefan for a massage. Delicious :)

After my massage I picked up my best friend Siani and we got her stuff loaded, had a yummy breakfast at our favorite place Biscuits then hit the road. Set my cruise control and the car practically drove itself. We talked then Siani took a nap while I sang along with my tunes. 1 pit stop for Starbucks, gas and the bathroom and we were on the road again.

I was feeling very happy and relaxed, hooray! I was on the road to my Ironman. I could hardly stop smiling. We drove through Spokane and entered Idaho. Cool! As we passed freeway exits I had timed my music so I'd be listening to the soundtrack from the Prince of Egypt when I arrive. Track 14 is a beautiful song about believing and never giving up hope. As I approached CDA it started playing. When I rounded the corner on the freeway and saw the sign "Coeur d'Alene - Next 5 exits" I started getting very choked up.

I'm listening to this beautiful song and entering the city that I believed I would get to one day. My hands started shaking and tears just fell. Here I was, finally driving into this city beliveing that I will cross the finish line. It was surreal and overwhelming.

We got settled at the GORGEOUS Coeur d'Alene Resort before meeting up with my online friend Andrew from Atlanta. We all went for a short easy 2 mile run on the first part of the marathon course and my legs felt great! I pointed out different important spots along the course since Andrew had never been here before. After our run we wandered around the empty village that was in the process of being built before finding we could go look at the bike racks!

Sweet!!!!! I found my rack and I think it's a great spot because it's close to the fence so I'll be able to see my support team when I'm getting my bike.

Had a yummy dinner, unpacked and stretched and then headed for bed.

As I mentioned a few posts ago I created a tank top to wear on the marathon course to celebrate the special people who've supported me on this journey. Here's a picture of it:
Thursday is a busy day filled with a swim, registration and seeing lots of my friends from various places. HOORAY! It's here and I'm ready!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mention of who created the shirt? :(

June 21, 2007 10:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am Jeanette. I did my first sprint distance earlier this summer in the Danskin and I did the accenture sprint.
You are such an inspiration to me. I hope to do an olympic distance next year, and perhaps 1/2 in two years. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I am in Begginer Triathlete JeanetteJ.
If you have any training tips, transition ideas or race day prejitter avoidence techniques: I would greatly appreciate it.
Triing for fun and loosing weight along the way is my motto.
Thank You!!!!

September 08, 2007 12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home