Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!

I can hardly believe it's been almost 6 months since my last blog post. Where does the time go.....

This year it went to a lot of socializing, a good amount of training and hours spent with family and friends in person so they didn't have to read about my life on my blog :)

So Ironman is just around the corner. I feel excited and ready for the race to happen. I've had training ups and downs as you might expect, the great thing about this year is that I'm so relaxed about the whole affair. I know what it's like, I know what to expect and it makes me feel much calmer and it's great to be able to share my experiences and insight with people preparing for their first one.

I will try to blog a little more these next 2 weeks and of course I'll have pictures and a race report to share when it's all over.

In the meantime here's an amazing piece of news!

Last year at Ironman you'll remember I found out my body fat was like 26% which was considered healthy and normal. It was measured using the Ironman scale. This year I discovered that Adventist Medical Center in Portland has a dunk tank where you can get the Hydrostatic Weighing done. It's the gold standard for body fat measurement.

So I went down to get tested because I thought it'd be a great way to celebrate going into Ironman this year.

Wise Move!

My Body Fat was 21% - HOLY MACKERAL!!!!! Elite athletes generally have BF between 15-18% and the average woman has between 23-30%. I actually fall into the lean category. OMG - I was so psyched!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home